The ramblings of an average, green Canadian...

Monday, November 27, 2006

Watching the vote in London North Centre

The polls have closed in London North Centre and I'm sitting here tonight trying to write a math lesson plan for tomorrow morning, but instead I find myself watching the results from the London North Centre by-election coming in live from www.electionscanada.ca.

Every 90 seconds my browser refreshes with a new tally. It feels a lot like online trading, watching my stocks rise and fall every minute of the day.

With almost 7,000 votes in Pearson, the Liberal candidate, is up by only 200 votes. Elizabeth May, who was in the lead when I booted up a few minutes ago, is a very close second. Win or lose, tonight's result is a major breakthrough for the Green Party.

I would like to congratulate everyone on the campaign team for doing such a great job... and of course to Elizabeth May for representing the Party so well.

With a little luck, tonight will mark the beginning of something very new for Canada.

Good luck!

James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home